If you have looked in the mirror and noticed that your teeth aren't as white as they once were, then you will undoubtedly like to get your nice white smile back to looking the way it used to. While it's true that there are a lot of teeth whitening products out there on the market to help with this, some people would rather take a more natural approach to their teeth whitening and know that they are staying away from as many chemicals as possible. If you are a person who tends to prefer to turn toward more natural ways of doing things like whitening your teeth, then you'll find this article more than helpful. This article will offer you a few natural ways to remove stains and other forms of discoloration from your teeth.
Use baking soda and peroxide
Baking soda and peroxide are two things that most people already have in their home, so the chances are good that you won't even need to go to the store before you start your teeth whitening process. You can make a whitening toothpaste on your own by following these instructions:
- Take a spoonful of baking soda and put it in a small bowl
- Add a little bit of peroxide to the baking soda and stir it with a toothpick
- Continue to add more peroxide until you have a very creamy and grit-free cream
- Brush your teeth with the mixture as you would normally brush, but leave it on a few minutes
- Rinse your mouth out with water as usual and go about your day
Tip: Don't use the mixture while it is still gritty or your teeth can get scratched on the surface.
Use coconut oil
You can also use coconut oil in order to help remove stains and discoloration to make your teeth look whiter again. In order to use coconut oil for teeth whitening, you want to follow the instructions detailed right here:
- Take a spoonful of coconut oil and put it in your mouth so it warms up and liquefies
- Do a swishing motion with the coconut oil for about 15 minutes
- Make sure you try to get the coconut oil all over all of your teeth and gums
- Do not try to gargle with the coconut oil
- Spit the coconut oil out in a trash can because it can clog your plumbing
- Rinse with warm water and then brush your teeth with your regular tooth care product
Tip: You should try to follow this coconut oil routine at least a few times a week so you can see the best results possible.
To learn more about teeth whitening, contact a company like Pike Dentistry.Share